[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Several PhD and PostDoc positions, Munich, Germany

Linda Schneeman linda.b.schneeman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 10:37:08 CEST 2023

Dear List Members,

*The AIM lab is currently recruiting PhD students and postdocs to work on a
number of projects focusing on *

   1. *deep learning based approaches for inverse problems such image
   reconstruction and image denoising, *
   2. *development of foundation models for image analysis and image
   understanding and *
   3. *interpretation of multi-modal data (clinical records, signals and
   images) for diagnostic and prognostic decision support.*

Several PhD and PostDoc positions Chair for AI in Healthcare and Medicine
(AIM lab) Institute for AI and Informatics in Medicine Klinikum rechts der
Isar & Technical University of Munich (TUM) The lab for Artificial
Intelligence in Medicine (www.aim-lab.io) focuses on AI and ML approaches
for medicine and healthcare. Our aim is to develop AI and ML techniques for
the analysis and interpretation of biomedical data. The group focuses on
pursuing blue-sky research, including:

   - AI for medical imaging applications ranging from image reconstruction
   to analysis and interpretation
   - AI for the early detection, prediction, and diagnosis of diseases as
   well as for the identification of new biomarkers and targets for therapy
   - Safe, robust, and interpretable AI approaches as well as
   privacy-preserving AI approaches We have particularly strong interest in
   the application of imaging and computing technology to improve the
   understanding of brain development, to improve the diagnosis and
   stratification of patients with dementia, stroke and traumatic brain injury
   as well as for the comprehensive diagnosis and management of patients with
   cardiovascular disease and cancer. We are based in the Faculty of Medicine
   at the Campus Klinikum Rechts der Isar (which is the university hospital of
   TUM) as well as in the Faculty of Informatics at the Campus Garching. Our
   lab is affiliated with several machine learning initiatives in Munich,
   including the Munich Center for Machine Learning (MCML), the European
   Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS Munich) and the
   Munich Data Science Institute (MDSI).

We are currently recruiting PhD students and postdocs to work on a number
of projects focusing on

   - deep learning based approaches for inverse problems such image
   reconstruction and image denoising,
   - development of foundation models for image analysis and image
   understanding and
   - interpretation of multi-modal data (clinical records, signals and
   images) for diagnostic and prognostic decision support.

*Qualifications*

*For post-doc positions:*

   - A PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines and publications in
   medical imaging, computer vision or machine learning

*For PhD positions:*

   - A MSc in Computer Science or related disciplines and publications and
   previous experience with projects in medical imaging, computer vision or
   machine learning
   - Strong background in medical image analysis and machine learning
   - Extensive programming experience with Python and Pytorch
   - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
   - Excellent communication & interdisciplinary skills
   - Fluency in English (written and spoken)

*Our offer *

We offer a full-time position as academic staff. Payment will be based on
the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the Länder (TV-L -
https://lohntastik.de/od-rechner/tv-salary-calculator/TV-L/E-13/1). TUM
strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly
encourages applications from qualified women. The position is suitable for
disabled persons. Disabled applicants will be given preference in case of
generally equivalent suitability, aptitude and professional performance.
How to apply Please send your application documents (CV, transcripts, and a
two-page research statement) to office at aim.cit.tum.de
<https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20230706_152241/%E2%80%9Coffice@aim.cit.tum.de%E2%80%9C>
by
28th July 2023. As part of your application, you provide personal data to
the Technical University of Munich (TUM). Please view our privacy policy on
collecting and processing personal data in the course of the application
process pursuant to Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of
the European Union (GDPR) at
https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/.
By submitting your application, you confirm to have read and understood the
data protection information provided by TUM.

Regards,
Linda Schneeman