[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Post-Doc job offering at IVC, Sankt Augustin, Germany

Andre Hinkenjann Andre.Hinkenjann at h-brs.de
Tue Apr 26 11:57:11 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

Attached, please find a Post-Doc position offering at the Institute of Visual Computing of the Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in Sankt Augustin, Germany. Please forward it to any interested candidates. Thank you!

The attached pdf is the original (and official) job posting in German language. See below for my (inofficial) translation to English.

Viele Grüße / Best regards

André Hinkenjann

Prof. Dr. André Hinkenjann
Professor, Computer Graphics and Interactive Environments

Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences
Department of Computer Science
Grantham-Allee 20
53757 Sankt Augustin, Germany

Founding Director Institute of Visual Computing <http://ivc.h-brs.de/>

e: Andre.Hinkenjann at h-brs.de <mailto:Andre.Hinkenjann at h-brs.de>
p: +49 2241-865-229

new: Master Visual Computing & Games Technology <https://www.games-studiengang.de/>

—————————————————————

——————————————————————

English translation:

We are looking for a research assistant (Post-Doc, d/m/f) in the Institute of Visual Computing (IVC) at the Sankt Augustin campus as of Sep. 1st, 2022.

Your tasks:
- coordinate and work independently on the research project "Big Bang to Big Data (B3D)" and also take over the project acquisition in this context
- act as a contact person for the third-party funders as well as the collaborative partners in questions of project progress and are responsible for reporting to the project sponsors
- take part in project meetings as well as in meetings at the Ministry of Culture and Science (MKW)
- coordinate interactive and visual analysis of large data sets and apply VR/AR, AI, and GPU and HPC processor technologies in parallel in your day to day work
- contribute to the expansion of the research area "visualization of big data" at IVC and be responsible for the design and development of the software

Our expectations:
- You have a scientific university degree on diploma/master level in the field of computer science with a scientific focus as well as a completed PhD in the field of computer science or in a comparable field
- You have expertise in visual analysis of big data, software development, VR/AR as well as machine learning and deep learning
- You have extensive knowledge in the field of interactive 3D ray tracing methods have experience in independently applying for and implementing third-party funded projects
- You have a very good command of English (at least C1 level)

Our offer:
- an exciting and varied job in an innovative environment, remunerated, depending on qualifications, up to pay group 14 TV-L and limited until 31.10.2024. The position is full-time, it is also suitable for part-time work.
- We enable family-friendly conditions with flexible working time models, home office and childcare options.
- We provide opportunities for continuing education and training for professional and personal development offer a job ticket for the Cologne/Bonn region, a library and a cafeteria

With our locations in Sankt Augustin, Rheinbach and Hennef, we are an integral part of an attractive growth region with numerous cultural, leisure and recreational opportunities.

The H-BRS is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We would like to see more female scientists at our university and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. H-BRS is a certified family-friendly university and has been awarded the Diversity Audit Certificate - and is proud of it. Severely disabled people and people with equal rights are part of our university - inclusion is an important concern for us.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Andre Hinkenjann at andre.hinkenjann at h-brs.de <mailto:andre.hinkenjann at h-brs.de>.

Become part of the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS) and apply now via our application portal by 25.05.2022 (reference 23/22).
www.h-brs.de/karriere <http://www.h-brs.de/karriere>