[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Lead Researcher in Visualization and Visual Analytics in Luxembourg
mohammad.ghoniem at list.lu
Wed Mar 2 12:36:16 CET 2022
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is seeking to hire a Lead Researcher in Visualization and Visual Analytics. We welcome strong applications even if they partially meet the listed requirements.
You hold a PhD in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics (or other related fields), with a strong background in Visualization / Visual Analytics research and have:
* Around 15 years of experience after your PhD;
* Strong track record of publications, and a genuine interest for applied research/technology and innovation transfer. You should be a recognized researcher in your field with a documented footprint in the scientific community;
* As you will integrate a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) that is strongly project and team oriented, you should be comfortable securing funding and managing a sustainable project portfolio ranging from fundamental to industrial / application-oriented research;
* As experienced researcher in field of visualization and visual analytics, you can demonstrate strong expertise and proven experience in the design, implementation and assessment of beyond state-of-the-art methods, concepts, techniques in the field.
* As visualization and visual analytics deliver their full value when coupled with an application domain, you should demonstrate how your results have benefitted to domain experts in science or business. From this perspective, you should be able to provide examples of your capability to understand an application field and to integrate its specific constraints into a visualization / visual analytics proposal;
* An outstanding academic background and a very strong record of accomplishments as far as publications and project management are concerned. Strong track record of Visualization-focused main-authored publications in prominent, top-tier journals and conferences (e.g. IEEE TVCG, VIS conference, EG CGF, EuroVis);
* Strong knowledge of Visualization and Visual Analytics theories, paradigms, and techniques;
* Good knowledge in evaluation methods for Visualization / Visual Analytics applications
* Knowledge of tools, frameworks, programming languages used in visualization (to be able to lead and supervise software engineering tasks in the field);
* Activity or membership within scientific or business networks;
* Needless to say, you have proven experience in managing RDI projects and you have supervised PhD students;
* Strong collaborative skills, result-oriented mindset, excellent organization and capacity to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment;
* Excellent analytical and communication skills (oral, written, presentation), including vs technical, management/executive and business audiences.
On top of that, you have an excellent level both written and spoken English, any of Luxembourg’s administrative languages (Luxembourgish, French, German) is a plus. You're the one we're looking for!
To apply or get more details about the position:
Dr. Mohammad GHONIEM
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
Information Technology for Innovative Services (ITIS)
5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux, L-4362 Esch-sur-Azette, Luxembourg
Tel: +352-275.888-623 / Fax: +352-275.885
mohammad.ghoniem at list.lu<mailto:mohammad.ghoniem at list.lu> - http://www.list.lu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions