[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Tenure track faculty position at the University of Saskatchewan - Data Analytics - March 15, 2022

Mondal, Debajyoti d.mondal at usask.ca
Thu Feb 3 05:11:55 CET 2022

Faculty Member, Computer Science, Assistant Professor; Data Analytics

Applications are invited from qualified individuals for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, College of Arts and Science, University of Saskatchewan to begin August 1, 2022. Preference will be given to applicants with a research focus on data analytics, data science, software analytics, or visual analytics.

The successful candidate will be expected to build a substantial, externally funded research program, teach at both the undergraduate and graduate level, provide high-quality graduate student supervision, and identify how they will work with other faculty members in the department, units on campus, and external and academic partners.

The Department of Computer Science has 29 faculty members and more than 130 graduate students and postdoctoral fellows working in diverse areas of computer science. Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the department’s website (https://www.cs.usask.ca/) for program details and research areas. We are in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, a city on the banks of the South Saskatchewan River known for its quality of life, diverse and thriving economic base, a vibrant arts community, and a full range of leisure opportunities.

The University of Saskatchewan is one of Canada’s top 15 research-intensive universities with world-class research institutes, including the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO), the Global Institute for Water Security (GIWS), the Global Institute for Food Security (GIFS), and the Canadian Light Source (CLS). The University has a reputation for excellence in teaching, research and scholarly activities and offers a full range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs to a student population of over 25,000.

Qualifications

The successful candidate will have a PhD in Computer Science or related discipline. Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellence in research and have a record of (or potential for) high-quality graduate supervision, teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, an ability to attract external grant funding, and professional service and outreach. We are seeking candidates with an established publication record and a commitment to collaborative and multidisciplinary research. Candidates with a commitment to the advancement of women and other underrepresented groups and a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student body are especially encouraged to apply.

Salary bands at the University of Saskatchewan for the 2021 - 2022 academic year are: Assistant Professor: $98,178 to $117,978; Associate Professor: $117,978 to $137,778; and Professor: $137,778 to $160,878. In addition to regular salary increases, faculty may be awarded special increases for meritorious work. The position is anticipated to be at the Assistant Professor level.

This position includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes a dental, health and extended vision care plan; pension plan, life insurance (compulsory and voluntary), academic long term disability, sick leave, travel insurance, death benefits, an employee assistance program, a professional expense allowance, and a flexible health and wellness spending program.

How to Apply

Interested candidates must submit, via email, a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching statement, an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) statement, and the names and contact information of at least three references to faculty.recruiting at cs.usask.ca<mailto:faculty.recruiting at cs.usask.ca>.

For questions related to this position or the selection process, please contact:

Dr. Kevin Schneider, Head
Department of Computer Science
110 Science Place
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5C9
Telephone: (306) 966-4886
Email: kevin.schneider at usask.ca<mailto:kevin.schneider at usask.ca>

Review of applications will begin March 15, 2022; however, applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is August 1, 2022.

The Department of Computer Science supports excellence and recognizes that principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to this goal. We encourage applications from members of equity groups (e.g., women, members of a racialized minority, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities). Applications from Indigenous persons and women are especially encouraged and will be given preference.

Due to federal immigration requirements, we also ask candidates to indicate whether they are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or are otherwise already authorized to work at this position for the duration of the appointment, with an explanation if this last category is indicated.

The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments.  All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.

We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request.

The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.

Employment Group: USFA
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Posted Date: 1/28/2022
Closing Date:

The University of Saskatchewan has instated a number of health and safety requirements for faculty, staff and students in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic. As of January 4, 2022, being fully vaccinated<https://covid19.usask.ca/about/vaccinations.php#Vaccinationmeasuresforwinterterm> against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and proof of vaccination will be required. The University will consider accommodations requests for individuals in accordance with the requirements of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, 2018.

[...]

---
Debajyoti Mondal, Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan
https://www.cs.usask.ca/faculty/dmondal/

We acknowledge we are on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respect to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another.