[Ieee_vis_open_positions] [jobs] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Computer Vision and Robotics at King's College London
shan.2.luo at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 17:43:18 CEST 2021
An 18-month Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) position is available at the robotics and computer vision lab led by Dr Shan Luo at the Department of Engineering, King’s College London. You will work on an Innovate UK funded project “ARRES PREVENT: The world-first autonomous road repair vehicle”. The project is to develop an autonomous AI driven robotic system to autonomously carry out preventative road maintenance repairs. As part of the programme, you will be working on road defect classification and prediction by processing data like camera images and 3D point clouds. The project is in partnership with a fast-growing startup Robotiz3d and the postdoc may have the opportunity to transition into the startup after the project.
The candidate is expected to have a PhD in Computer Vision, Robotics, or related fields, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have substantial knowledge in computer vision (particularly on image and point cloud based object detection), robotics and machine learning.
· Review the literature in the field of object detection, generative models, predictive models and road defects classification and prediction
· Design deep/machine learning models to classify road defects
· Design deep/machine learning models to predict the evolution of cracks
· Preprocess datasets that consist of images and 3D scans of roads
· Evaluate the developed models and publish the results
· Integrate the developed models with the autonomous road repair vehicle platform developed by Robotiz3d
1. Proven research experience in the field of computer vision (particularly on image and point cloud based object detection) and/or robotics;
2. Practical experience with design of deep learning models for object recognition and detection;
3. Practical experience with deep learning libraries (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow);
4. PhD degree (or shortly expect to receive) in Computer Vision, Robotics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering (or a related field);
5. Written communication and presentation skills, including academic conference and journal papers, and ability to work collaboratively and independently;
6. Excellent mathematical and programming skills in Python or C++;
7. Ability to organise and prioritise conflicting tasks to conduct the research within the project timetable and ensure interim deadlines are met.
1. Experience with processing 3D point cloud data;
2. Strong publication record in computer vision and/or robotics, e.g., ICRA, IROS, RSS, T-RO, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV;
3. Hands-on experience with systems integration, e.g., deploying deep learning models on energy efficient platforms.
If you are interested in the post, please send an email to Dr Shan Luo (shan.2.luo at kcl.ac.uk<mailto:shan.2.luo at kcl.ac.uk>) with your up-to-date CV and any publications related to the post.
Dr. Shan Luo
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Robotics
Department of Engineering
King’s College London, WC2R 2LS
Email: shan.2.luo at kcl.ac.uk<mailto:shan.2.luo at kcl.ac.uk>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions