[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Open PhD Position in Visualization and High-Performance Computing at KTH Stockholm
weinkauf at kth.se
Mon Mar 15 11:54:08 CET 2021
Applications are invited for a PhD position at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. The project will be supervised by Prof. Dr. Tino Weinkauf and Prof. Dr. Philipp Schlatter and it is at the intersection of computer science, mathematics, and high-performance computing. Particularly, we aim to develop algorithms to analyzing turbulence data while it is being simulated on the supercomputer (in-situ and in-transit data analysis).
How to apply
The application deadline is April 14, 2021.
See the following link for all details:
About the project
This project will develop algorithms, methods, and tools to analyzing turbulence data while it is being simulated on the supercomputer (in-situ and in-transit data analysis). We focus on topology-based algorithms due to their powerful capabilities for extracting features. Our main challenge is to re-formulate these algorithms for the memory-distributed supercomputer environment.
Our results will allow new scientific questions to be addressed in turbulence research, a domain with strong implications for all areas where turbulence occurs such as transport of people and goods, or renewable energy generation with wind and water.
The student will also help with teaching courses in Visualization and Computer Graphics by being the main teaching assistant to Prof. Weinkauf. This will take around 20% of the work time, and the remaining 80% are devoted to research.
Professor of Visualization
Head of CST Division
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions