[Ieee_vis_open_positions] PhD Student or PostDoc Position in the Visual Computing Group at Ulm University

Timo Ropinski timo.ropinski at uni-ulm.de
Mon Mar 15 10:35:31 CET 2021

For the Institute of Mediainformatics we are looking for a fully
funded PhD Student or PostDoc as Academic employee (m/f/d), initially
for 1 year with 3 years extension possible. In the Visual Computing
group (viscom.uni-ulm.de), we work on image-centered research topics,
for which we develop, evaluate and publish novel techniques in the
areas of computer graphics, data visualization, deep learning and
virtual reality.

Your profile:
- master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, or related
disciplines (e.g., physics, math or engineering)
- excellent programming skills
- solid mathematical background
- English fluent in speaking and writing

Your responsibilities:
- Conduct research in computer graphics, visualization, virtual
reality or machine learning
- Develop, implement and evaluate algorithms
- Publish your obtained results

---

Hiring is done by the Central University Administration. Your contact
for further information: Sigrid Duschek (sigrid.duschek at uni-ulm.de,
+49 731 50-31 321).
We look forward to your application via our online application portal:
https://stellenangebote.uni-ulm.de/en/jobposting/7ff46661cdaa359f9cf9217d87bc6fd2c33a47320/apply

---

Ulm University with its more than 10,000 students offers varied
professional tasks in a highly innovative research, teaching and work
environment, at the same time facilitating the reconciliation of work
and family in many ways.

We seek to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching
and particularly encourage qualified female scientists to apply for
this position.
Severely disabled applicants with equal aptitude will be given
preferential consideration.

Seize the opportunity and join us in shaping the future of the University!

--
Prof. Dr. Timo Ropinski
Visual Computing Group | http://viscom.uni-ulm.de

email: timo.ropinski at uni-ulm.de | room: O27/3208
address: James-Franck-Ring | 89081 Ulm | Germany
phone: +49 (0)731 / 50-24200 | +49 (0)731 / 50-31321 (secr.)
fax: +49 (0)731 / 50-31302