[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Postdoc Position (permanent) for a Data Scientist with focus on Big Data @VRVis Research Center Vienna, Austria

Franziska Steyer-Beerman franziska at vrvis.at
Tue May 9 12:29:49 CEST 2017

Hello,

I would like to announce the following job opportunity at VRVis Research
Center Vienna, Austria, within your network, and hope it will be shared
with/ forwarded to all individuals this position might be of interest
to. Many thanks!

For the full job description please take a look at our webpage:
https://www.vrvis.at/about/jobs-career/data-scientist-f-m-with-focus-on-big-data/

For a short summary please continue reading:

VRVis is a well-known Austrian-based research institute in the field of
visual computing. To support our team with big data challenges we are
looking to permanently hire a data scientist (f/m) with a PhD-degree in
computer sciences, information systems, mathematics, or a related field,
with the following responsibilities:

  * Design and implementation of big data solutions.
  * Eagerness to establish your own research group with focus on big data.
  * Acquisition of external funding preferably from industry.
  * Provision of big data and related statistical expertise to the
    existing research groups.

We offer an open-ended contract, family-friendly i.e. flexible working
hours, a very friendly and inclusive work environment as well as
additional benefits. Our office is located in Vienna, Austria, which
ranks at the top of the cities with the highest quality of life in the
world.

If you are interested and/or should have any further questions, please
feel free to contact Franziska Steyer-Beerman at franziska at vrvis.at

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

*Franziska Steyer-Beerman*
VRVis Zentrum fuer Virtual Reality und Visualisierung Forschungs-GmbH
Donau-City-Straße 1, 1220 Wien, Austria
UID: ATU49846902
FN: 195369h, HG Wien
T: +43 1 20501 30401