[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Tenure-track position available at Kent State University

Dr. Zhao zhao at cs.kent.edu
Tue Mar 21 14:33:54 CET 2017

An opportunity for a tenure-track position in the Department of Computer
Science.  The successful candidate will join a growing and thriving
department with excellent research and educational programs.

We seek applicants with expertise in augmented reality, highly
interactive virtual environment (HIVE), 3D computer simulation,
graphics, game design and programming, and related fields.

The successful applicant is expected to establish an extramurally funded
research program, engage in collaborative research, direct theses and
dissertations, and exhibit a commitment to excellence in undergraduate
and graduate education.

Qualifications include a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related
field. We also invite applicants with related industrial and/or post
doctorial experience. The position is available at the Assistant or
Associate Professor ranks; a candidate for the associate rank is
expected to have a record of significant sustained funding, national or
international recognition and/or significant scholarly contribution.

Salary and startup funds are competitive. They are commensurate with
academic qualifications and prior experience.

The department offers the B.S., B.A., M.S., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees and
has 20 full time faculty, over 400 undergraduates and over 200 graduate
students. Kent State University is an eight campus system located in
northeastern Ohio and has a student population of approximately 46,000.
The beautiful park-like Kent campus is walking distance from downtown
Kent. The city has recently undergone a major rejuvenation and has a
vibrant town center with many new restaurants and shops. More
information about the department can be found at http://www.cs.kent.edu/

We are accepting applications now with an expected start date of Fall
2017.  The position is open until filled.

Ye Zhao, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Kent State University