[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Graduate Student Internship @Siemens
daphne.yu at siemens.com
Tue Mar 29 23:31:03 CEST 2016
Siemens Healthcare Technology Center, is one of the world's premier research labs for computer vision and medical image visualization. The Technology Center is currently looking for talented, energetic and self-motivated graduate students in image visualization field to join our team.
The position can be ideal for graduate students in a PhD or Masters research program looking for exposure and hands-on experience to real-life application of computer graphics, rendering, animation, appearance modeling, virtual reality, and mobile/web based graphics techniques.
* Work closely with scientist and engineer team members in designing graphics and rendering algorithms to address real world data and problems.
* Analyze existing software and document its program flow and functionalities.
* Perform unit tests, address issues found.
* Optimize and benchmark performances, document results, interfaces in technical reports.
Required knowledge/skills, education and experience:
* College students in Masters or PhD program studying in visualization related fields such as computer graphics, advanced rendering of 3D/4D images/geometry/vectors/tensors, information visualization, high performance visualization architecture, augmented/virtual reality.
* Availability: 40 hours/week on-site for 3+ months, or part-time for a longer duration * Knowledge or experience with object oriented technologies.
* Fluent in software programming with OpenGL shading language, C++ * Core computer graphics foundations in rendering such as camera controls, ray tracking, lighting principals.
* Ability to learn new software tools.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English * Ability to develop new research ideas to the level of a working system prototype.
* Motivated to accept challenges and responsibilities.
* Driven , flexible and adaptable in order to thrive in a dynamic team.
* Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.
Siemens encourages qualified long-term unemployed individuals to apply for open positions.
Offer of employment with Siemens is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
For further details and to apply, please visit:
This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions