[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Research Scientist - Image Visualization & Advanced Rendering at Siemens
daphne.yu at siemens.com
Sat Nov 7 01:01:49 CET 2015
Siemens Healthcare Technology Center, Princeton, NJ, USA, is one of the world’s premier research labs for computer vision and medical image visualization. The Technology Center is currently seeking a highly motivated scientist with solid knowledge in physically-based rendering, radiative transport, appearance models, image synthesis and light field rendering for an exciting opportunity as an Imaging and Visualization Research Scientist. In this role, you will be part of the pioneering image visualization team and will have the opportunity to fully explore physically based rendering and related techniques applied to real world problems in the 2D/3D/4D/stereoscopic/video based visualization, animation and virtual/augmented reality domains.
What are my responsibilities?
• Perform innovative translational research in advanced visualization solutions
• Design, implement and test visualization and simulation algorithms on real world data, translating grounded theory into practical solutions.
• Optimize and refine implementation into high performance solutions
• Analyze and present technical recommendations and results
• Liaise with internal customers and external collaborators
What skills are needed to qualify for this job?
• PhD in Computer Engineering or equivalent relevant discipline required. Masters level with relevant background or experience also acceptable.
• 3+ years of solid background in advanced level computer graphics topics mentioned above
• Proven track record in hands-on graphical software application implementation in common programming languages (e.g. OpenGL, WebGL, GLSL, DirectX, Metal, OpenCL, CUDA)
• Understand s highly concurrent interactive media systems as well as low level CPU or GPU computing optimizations
• Proficient in one or more software development tools such as Team Foundation Server/Clearcase/git, MS Visual Studio/Eclipse is a must.
• Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills in English a must.
• Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations
Apply on Company Website:
This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions