[Ieee_vis_open_positions] PhD position Security Visualization TU Eindhoven
J.J. van Wijk
vanwijk at win.tue.nl
Thu Jul 4 17:13:41 CEST 2013
Feel free to spread the announcement below around, and bring it under
the attention of your students.
Best regards, Jarke van Wijk
PhD Position: SpySpot - Visualization of Advanced Persistent Threats
TU Eindhoven - The Netherlands
The Visualization group of the Department of Mathematics and Computer
Science of TU Eindhoven has a vacancy for a 4 year full-time PhD
research position. The vacancy is within the SpySpot project, part of
the long-term-research program Cyber Security of NWO, the Dutch
organization for Scientific Research, financed by NWO-EW and STW.
SpySpot seeks to combine advanced network intrusion detection and
visualization techniques to enable the detection of Advanced Persistent
Threats and sophisticated attacks for exfiltration of data or sabotage
of systems. There will be a strong cooperation with the Security group
of TU Eindhoven, and a separate call is available for a PhD position
in that group.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- a Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or closely
- a strong interest in information visualization, human computer
interaction, and security;
- excellent analytic, creative, and implementation skills;
- ability to work in a team, cooperate both with academic and industrial
- fluent in spoken and written English.
Appointment and salary:
- a full-time temporary appointment for a period of 4 years, with an
intermediate evaluation after 9 months;
- a gross salary of 2,062 euro per month in the first year increasing
up to 2,638 euro per month in the fourth year;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical
infrastructure, the possibility of child daycare and excellent sport
- For more information about the project, please contact
prof.dr. Jarke J. (Jack) van Wijk, e-mail: J.J.v.Wijk at tue.nl .
- For information about employment conditions, please contact
mrs. P.J. Evers, HR advisor TU/e, e-mail: pzwin at tue.nl.
The application should consist of the following parts:
- a cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae (and if applicable a list of publications);
- contact information of two references;
- copies of diplomas (including list of courses and grades);
- proof of English language skills (if applicable).
Deadline for application: August 31, 2013.
For more information and how to apply, see the vacancy on the
website of TU Eindhoven:
or for short: http://tinyurl.com/pxyhpwc
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions