[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Post-Doctoral Fellow in Data Visualization at University of Arkansas at Little Rock
M. Eduard Tudoreanu
metudoreanu at ualr.edu
Thu Dec 13 20:21:22 CET 2012
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is seeking applications for
a full-time Post-Doctoral Fellow (P98183) position in the Emerging
Analytics Center (EAC). This is a grant funded position and is
contingent upon continued funding.
The EAC is focused on providing insight into complex data through
visualization, virtual reality, and advanced interfaces. EAC is a
state-of-the-art facility that includes a large, high-density pixel
display; immersive, CAVE-like environments; wide-area motion tracking;
and haptic devices.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be expected to advance the analysis of
data through information and scientific visualization, the creation of
information rich virtual reality, and integration of haptic and
tracked interfaces into visual analytics. The domains to benefit from
this research include, but are not limited to, business analytics,
bio-medical data, social networks, and engineering. The Fellow will
also be expected to
• assist business partners of the EAC,
• support faculty and students working with the EAC,
• help with manuscript preparation,
• contribute to grant identification, application and reporting, and
• perform other duties in the EAC as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate technical competency, a
commitment to team research and quality, excellent communication
skills and the ability to work with other researchers and students.
Possible research topics are:
• algorithms and techniques for visualization of data with various
degrees of quality;
• algorithms and techniques for large-scale visualization and analysis;
• visual analytics methods and interfaces;
• human factors related to data visualization, data quality, and
• developing information-rich virtual environments and simulation.
Earned doctorate with dissertation research in an appropriate field
(such as Computer Science, Information Science, or Computer
Engineering) is required.
Extensive research experience with a record of publications in one or
more related areas AND research experience in the following areas is
• Information Visualization,
• Scientific Visualization,
• Visual Analytics, or
• Virtual Reality.
Further information about this position and application requirements
are available on the Human Resources website at
http://ualr.edu/humanresources/. Review of applications will begin
immediately; application deadline is February 15, 2013.
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions