[Ieee_vis] Understanding how PhD candidates in visualization research handle failures

Agarwal, Shivam Shivam.Agarwal at paluno.uni-due.de
Tue Jul 14 21:58:33 CEST 2020

Hi all,

We hope you all are doing great.

Facing paper rejections is not a pleasant experience. While there are many resources on how to do visualization research, we lack discourse on handling these rejections. Aiming to address this, we are working on a research project to understand how PhD students in visualization research handle failures in the form of paper rejections.

We have created a questionnaire that is accessible via the following link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSrL00g5u0VjDBlhxPps7xqcRpkbRNch8ZPuGVf5qRrX_Wwg/viewform

If you are/were pursuing a PhD in visualization research, it is our humble request to please participate in the above questionnaire. In case you supervise PhD students in the field of visualization research, kindly forward the message to your students.

Participation is anonymous, and we do not ask for any personal information.

Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

Thanks and regards,

Shivam Agarwal / Shahid Latif

shivam.agarwal at paluno.uni-due.de<mailto:shivam.agarwal at paluno.uni-due.de>

shahid.latif at paluno.uni-due.de<mailto:shahid.latif at paluno.uni-due.de>

University of Duisburg-Essen

SHIVAM AGARWAL
Research Associate / Ph.D. candidate
Institute for Computer Science and Business Information Systems (ICB)
University of Duisburg-Essen
Room SGW-311 / Gerlingstr. 16, 45127, Essen
phone: +49 201 183 4654
email: shivam.agarwal at paluno.uni-due.de<mailto:shivam.agarwal at paluno.uni-due.de>