[Ieee_vis] OpenVis Conf 2018 Program & Workshops Up (May 14-16, Paris)

Matthew Brehmer mabrehme at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 14 17:36:36 CET 2018

(forwarding on behalf of the OpenVis Programming Committee)

Hello,

We're very pleased to post the final speaker list and workshops for OpenVis Conf 2018 in Paris, May 14-16. See us at OpenVisConf 2018.<http://www.openvisconf.com/#speakers>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2fdd39e23503c8b3240b9c949/images/eb84e249-65b2-4c71-ac91-8c796c9e1e93.png]

OpenVisConf 2018<http://www.openvisconf.com/#speakers>
A two-day conference about data visualization on the Open Web.

This educational, open source conference combines academic speakers on focused topics (not paper presentations), along with practitioners from data journalism, design, consulting, and R&D Labs.  Our program this year includes 2 speakers from Google Brain on using ML/AI with visualization (Ian Johnson and Shan Carter), data journalists from New York Times, Washington Post, National Geographic, ProPublica; and data vis researchers Matt Kay, Benjamin Bach, Miriah Meyer, Steve Franconeri, Jo Wood.

Our workshops, available separately (you can register even if you don't attend the conference), include Intro to D3.js, D3 with React, Flourish SDK, satellite image retrieval and processing, Observable, Mapbox GL, WebVR and A-Frame, Bokeh for streaming data, designing visualizations, MapD's big data query solution, Vega-Lite, Qlik's picasso.js.

We're keeping a reduced price for PhD students (and will probably have a volunteer program again this year).

Please join us! And find us on Twitter at @OpenVisConf<https://twitter.com/OpenVisConf>.