[Ieee_vis] VGTC Visualization Pioneers Group (VPG)

VGTC cfp at vgtc.org
Fri Jun 14 09:44:00 CEST 2013

The IEEE VGTC Visualization Pioneers Group (VPG) is a part of IEEE Visualization and Graphics Technical Committee (VGTC).

A VPG membership brings several benefits:
Membership in VGTC
An email alias that indicates pioneer status, e.g., John.Doe at visualizationpioneers.org
A Visualization Pioneer (VP) ribbon given at the annual IEEE VIS conference to indicate his/her special status in the community. Membership also gives access to the VPG reception at IEEE VIS conference.
Membership in the VPG is a privilege. Members honor their commitment to the future of visualization by supporting the group with their annual dues.

MEMBERSHIP
VPG is an earned member category under VGTC.
Membership is earned after 20 years of contributions to some aspect of visualization. All members of the visualization community are welcome—scientists, engineers, academics, artists, designers, salespersons, marketing representatives, etc.
Members commit to perform some service to the visualization community. This service may include conference or journal paper reviews, financial support of the mentoring program, serving as a mentor, or some other service as needs and opportunities arise.
Member dues are $50.00 per year and support Pioneer activities including the mentorship initiative and the annual reception. Ten percent of member dues goes to VGTC, which will be applied towards funding awards.

MISSION
VPG is a networking, mentorship, advisory, and philanthropic organization. We gather yearly at a reception during IEEE VIS to meet old friends, make new ones, enjoy food and drinks, and listen to a distinguished speaker from the visualization community. The annual reception will be held during the IEEE VIS week.

VPGs are passionate advocates of all aspects of visualization. We share our opinions with the VGTC to help shape our future direction.

ANNUAL VPG RECEPTION AT IEEE VIS 2013
The location, time, and date of the annual VPG reception at IEEE VIS 2013 will be announced online as the conference approaches. All paid members are invited to join the reception.

If you have questions or are interested in becoming a VPG supporter, please contact vpg at vgtc.org for more information.

Questions about our sponsored events, membership, or how to get your event sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Visualization & Graphics Technical Committee (VGTC)? E-mail the VGTC Chair, Klaus Mueller.