[Ieee_vis] Polytechnic Institute of New York University - Faculty Position

NYU-Poly: Faculty Position cfp at vgtc.org
Tue Jan 24 05:32:33 CET 2012

Polytechnic Institute of New York University
Computer Science and Engineering Department

Faculty Position

The Computer Science and Engineering Department of the Polytechnic
Institute of New York University (NYU Poly) invites applications for a
faculty position with research focus in one or more of the following
broadly interpreted areas: visualization, data analysis, visual
analytics, and large-scale data management. We welcome applications at
all levels with an exceptional record in research, teaching, and
professional accomplishments. The rank of initial appointment will be
commensurate with experience and accomplishments.

The successful candidate will have excellent opportunities to initiate
interdisciplinary research and educational collaborations with the
diverse institutes and departments within NYU, including NYU Courant,
NYU Stern, and the NYU Medical and Dental schools, and to play a major
role in establishing new programs in Bioengineering and Data Science.

Our department has existing research strengths in several relevant
areas, including data management, visualization, cyber security, web
and text search, content distribution and distributed systems, machine
learning, and HCI. We have just moved into a new building that
significantly expands our research space, with a generous allocation
for a state-of-the-art visualization lab. The newly established Game
Innovation Lab provides excellent facilities for game and HCI related
research and education, and nicely complements the visualization
facilities for a unique environment.

New York City brings unique opportunities for visualization and data
science researchers, including a large number of established companies
with large-data needs such as banks, media companies, and data
integrators, as well as a rich environment of technology startups. It
is also a hotbed for research in urban technologies, much of which can
benefit from advanced data analysis and visualization.

Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, statement of research
and teaching interests, and the names and addresses of three referees,
as a PDF attachment, to cssearch at poly.edu.

Polytechnic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.