[Ieee_vis] Virtual Reality 2012 - March 4th-8th, 2012

Virtual Reality 2012 cfp at vgtc.org
Mon Jan 23 05:48:24 CET 2012

Early Registration ends February 4th! Check Details for Special Discounts and Great Venue...

  IEEE Virtual Reality 2012

March 4th-8th, 2012
  Orange County, CA. USA
  http://conferences.computer.org/vr/2012/

We invite you to participate in the IEEE Virtual Reality 2012 conference, the premier international conference and exhibition on virtual reality. From this year, all long papers of IEEE VR will be published as a special edition of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. To facilitate this, we had a more rigorous two phase review for the long papers.

IEEE VR 2012 is pleased to be co-located with the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (March 4th-5th, http://conferences.computer.org/3dui/3dui2012/), and the ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (March 9th-11th, http://graphics.ics.uci.edu/I3D2012/). There is a special discount for attendees of both IEEE VR and ACM I3D. More details at their websites.

We will meet in Orange County, California, March 4th-8th, 2012. Orange County benefits from the sunny forecasts and warm temperatures around the year that Southern California is known for - a great escape from snow-ridden climate in many parts around the world in March. The Conference will be held at the newly redesigned Westin South Coast Plaza which offers an excellent rate of $155 per night (including wireless internet connection) to attendees. They also provide several discounts for dining and shopping at the internationally acclaimed South Coast Plaza connected directly to the hotel. See our website for more on included services and benefits.

You will find the brightest minds, the most innovative research, the leading companies, and the most stimulating discussions in the fields of virtual environments, augmented reality, 3D user interfaces, haptics, and games all gathered March 4th-11th, 2012 in Orange County, CA.  We invite you to submit your work, show your products, and join us for a fascinating week of presentations, exhibits, workshops, and special events.

IEEE VR 2011 is sponsored by the Visualization and Graphics Technical Committee of the IEEE Computer Society.

Coming Dates:
Advance Registration: February 4th, 2012
Conference: March 4th, 2012
Inquiries:

For general information about the conference, please contact:
Aditi Majumder, UC Irvine
Ryohei Nakatsu, National University of Singapore, Singapore
vr-generalchairs at ieee.org