[EvA] model-assisted optimization

Guy Van den Broeck guyvdb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:38:30 CET 2010

2010/11/11 Marcel Kronfeld <marcel.kronfeld at uni-tuebingen.de>

> Hi there,
>
> Guy Van den Broeck wrote:
> > I'm trying to reproduce the experiments reported in "Gaussian Process
> > assisted Particle Swarm Optimization".
>
> That's interesting... are you targetting a specific application?

Not really. I'm developing a model-assisted optimization algorithm based on
a different model and optimization algorithm altogether.
However, I liked the experimental evaluation in that paper, and I would like
to compare my approach to it on the same benchmarks.

> You could of course reimplement GPPSO using the API from the ESModule
> package, but it would be a lot easier to reuse the original classes...
> which I havent released yet =)
> But I could revise them and make them public, say, around next week.

That would be very kind.
If you accept patches, I can then contribute my algorithm back to Eva.

Thanks,

Guy