[afgn] New AFGN website is online - Access www.dbg-afgn.de

Marília Kaphan Freitas de Campos marilia.campos at zmbp.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Feb 11 15:34:14 CET 2016

Dear colleagues,

The new AFGN (Arabidopsis Functional Genomics Network) website is already
online! I would like to invite you all to visit it by accessing
www.dbg-afgn.de <http://www.dbg-afgn.de>

There you will find an update of the current Arabidopsis research projects
going on in Germany and a lot more.

For instance, I included a menu with relevant information on the funding
possibilities for carrying out research in Germany and for scientists who
are currently here and want to go abroad. There are infos for all career
stages, so it might be especially interesting for students, PhDs and
postdocs who are contemplating what to do next.

Besides, you will find a list of oncoming conferences and workshops, and a
new outreach section describing some of the efforts of the plant science
community in communicating research to the public, as well as some material
related to new breeding tools and the debate behind their legislation.

The AFGN counts with input from the whole Arabidopsis community, therefore,
any comments and suggestions are welcome. Please also contact me for any
event (conferences, workshops, symposia or summer schools) not listed that
you think is worth advertising.

I would kindly ask you to forward the AFGN link to students and colleagues
who you think could benefit and/or contribute to the website.

Best wishes,

Marília

--

Marília K. F. de Campos, PhD