[afgn] assistant professor position

Luise Brand luise.brand at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jul 3 15:15:26 CEST 2015

Dear All,
The announcement below appears in today's issue of Science, but I wanted to be especially sure that the plant community was aware of these openings.

Thomas D. McKnight
Professor and Head
Department of Biology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843

Two Faculty Positions in Evolutionary Genomics
Texas A&M University

The Department of Biology at Texas A&M University invites applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in evolutionary genomics, starting in the fall of 2016.

We will consider candidates pursuing innovative research in any area of evolutionary genomics, including empirical, theoretical or computational approaches applied to any taxonomic group. The criteria for selection will be uniqueness, creativity and excellence in research and scholarship. We require all candidates to have a Ph.D. and strongly encourage applications from candidates who will increase the exposure of our students to a diverse culture.

Successful candidates will be expected to develop externally funded research programs and to teach undergraduate and graduate courses. The Department of Biology (www.biology.tamu.edu<http://www.biology.tamu.edu>) is part of an interactive and collegial research environment, offering a modern infrastructure and competitive startup packages. The broader Texas A&M research community includes a number of exciting interdepartmental programs, such as the new Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Doctoral Program (eeb.tamu.edu<http://www.eeb.tamu.edu>), the Texas A&M Institute for Genome Sciences and Society (genomics.tamu.edu<http://www.genomics.tamu.edu>), and the Genetics Interdisciplinary Graduate Program (genetics.tamu.edu<http://www.genetics.tamu.edu>). Applicants should email a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching interests, and should arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent to evosearch at bio.tamu.edu<mailto:evosearch at bio.tamu.edu>. !
  Review of applications will begin September 1, 2015.

Questions regarding this search should be directed to Dr. Adam G. Jones, chair of the search committee, at evosearch at bio.tamu.edu<mailto:evosearch at bio.tamu.edu>.

Texas A & M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff who are committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and the LGBTQ community. In addition, the University is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.