[Econmaster2012] Research Seminar in Economics, May 5: Thorsten Upmann

Frank Stähler frank.staehler at uni-tuebingen.de
Sun May 3 13:09:42 CEST 2015

Dear all,

The next Research Seminar in Economics will take place on Tuesday (May
5) at 2.15 pm in room E09 in Mohlstraße 36. Thorsten Upmann from the
University of Bielefeld will do this seminar, and the title of his talk
will be

"Co-Worker Productivity in Teams".

You find an abstract of his paper below.

You find the program and paper links of the RSE under
http://www.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de/forschung0/research-seminars/research-seminar-in-economics.html.

I am looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday afternoon.

Best wishes,
Frank Stähler

Abstract:

Teams jointly produce a product. By judging the quality of this output,
the success of the team as a whole is easily accessible. But even if a
fixed task is assigned to each member of a team, the individual
productivity of a worker is typically not directly observable and thus
difficult to conceptualize. This is particularly true if the concept is
to be operationalizable on observable data. In this paper we, therefore,
propose two versions of a new concept of co-worker productivity which is
closely related to eigenvalue centrality; accordingly we refer to it as
“eigenvalue productivity”. For each version of eigenvalue productivity
we provide an example demonstrating how to operationalize our concept.

--

Frank Stähler
Professor of Economics
frank.staehler at uni-tuebingen.de

Coordinator Doctoral Program in Economics (DPE)
http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/de/41162

Adjunct Professor of Economics
School of Economics
The University of Adelaide