[Econmaster2012] Research Seminar in Economics

Frank Stähler frank.staehler at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Nov 18 15:35:58 CET 2013

Dear all,

The presenter in this week's "Research Seminar in Economics" on Tuesday,
19.11., is Ignat Stepanok from the IfW Kiel. The title of  his talk will be

"Creative Destruction and Unemployment in an Open Economy Model"

http://www.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de/forschung0/research-seminars/research-seminar-in-economics.html

The seminar starts at 18.00 h in Room E09, Mohlstr. 36. You can find an
abstract of the paper below.

Everybody is welcome.

Best wishes,
Udo Kreickemeier

Abstract:
I develop a model of endogenous economic growth and search and matching
frictions in the labor market. I study the effect
of trade liberalization between two identical economies on unemployment.
I solve for two versions of the growth model,
the first one where trade liberalization has only a temporary effect on
growth, a semi-endogenous growth model.
In the second version trade liberalization has a permanent effect on
growth, a fully endogenous growth model. I show that
in both versions trade liberalization has a steady state effect on
unemployment that is negative for countries with a
relatively larger R&D sector and positive otherwise.

--

Frank Stähler
Professor of Economics
frank.staehler at uni-tuebingen.de