[Econmaster2012] Research Seminar in Economics-Announcement

Johannes Pfeifer johannes.pfeifer at uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Dec 9 15:48:57 CET 2012

Dear All,

we are happy to announce the following  Research Seminar in Economics to
take place on Tuesday, December 11th  at  18:00 - 19:30 in room E03, ground
floor, Mohlstraße 36.

Presenter:  Ian Wooton – University of Strathclyde

Title:  " Trade costs and the implications of devolved corporate tax-setting
"

(joint work with Julia Darby and Ben Ferrett)

Abstract:

We set up a trade model where three countries compete for an exogenous
number of firms. Our innovation lies in the geography of the model. Of the
three countries, one is the hub through which all trade takes place. We
establish the initial allocation of industry across the countries in the
absence of tax competition. We then examine the implications for corporate
tax levels when the countries compete with each other to attract firms and
determine the resulting location of economic activity

Regards,

Prof. Dr. Johannes Pfeifer

--

Johannes Pfeifer