[Econmaster2012] Research Seminar in Economics-Announcement

Johannes Pfeifer johannes.pfeifer at uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Dec 2 10:35:30 CET 2012

Dear All,

we are happy to announce the following  Research Seminar in Economics to
take place on Tuesday, December 4th  at  18:00 - 19:30 in room E03, ground
floor, Mohlstraße 36.

Presenter:  Michael Rosholm – Aarhus University

Title:  " Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Early Meetings and
Activation"

(joint work with Jonas Maibom Pedersen and Michael Svarer)

Abstract:

We analyze the effects of four randomized experiments involving intensive
active labour market policy, conducted in Denmark in 2008. The interventions
consisted of early and frequent meetings and activation programmes. The
effects are remarkable; frequent meetings between newly unemployed workers
and case workers increase employment rates over the next two years by 10%.
For men, we find evidence of a threat effect of having to participate in
early activation programmes. In general, we find large differences between
men and women, especially in the dynamics of the effects. A cost-benefit
analysis reveals that meetings yield the largest net benefits.

Regards,

Prof. Dr. Johannes Pfeifer

--

Johannes Pfeifer