[Digital Literary Annotation Newslist] Digital Literary Annotation Newsletter No. 13

Annotating-literature annotating-literature at es.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Oct 18 09:49:32 CEST 2017

DIGITAL LITERARY ANNOTATION NEWSLETTER NO. 13 (OCTOBER 2017)

  TEASYS – NEWS

The annotations for Edgell Rickword’s “Trench Poets”, written  by
students of the seminar /Annotating First World War Literature/
(taught by Angelika Zirker) have been published . You can see them
here:  http://annotations.cbeuter.de/annotations/read.php?pid=73
See also the annotations for Shakespeare’s Sonnet 81[1] from students
in the Annotating Shakespeare’s Sonnets class (Matthias Bauer and
Angelika Zirker).

-------------------------

The Annotated Web Edition Directory is looking forward to your
suggestions. We are always on the look-out for new entries to add to
the list. Feel free to recommend literary digital editions that
include explanatory annotation (of the social or the editorial kind),
web platforms, tools and applications that enable the user to
(collaboratively) annotate texts. Please use the corresponding form on
our webpage[2]. We thank you for your help.

-------------------------

  PROJECT-RELATED PUBLICATIONS

A special issue[3] of the /International Journal of Humanities and
Arts Computing /on explanatory annotation (ed. Angelika Zirker and
Matthias Bauer) has been published.

We would like to thank all contributors for their inspiring and
diverse articles:

Siemens, Ray, Alyssa Arbuckle, Lindsey Seatter, Randa El Khatib,
Tracey El Hajj. “The Value of Plurality in ‘The Network with a
Thousand Entrances’.”

Rumbold, Valerie. “Interpretation, Agency, Entropy: Annotating Pope’s
/The Dunciad./”

Leonhardt, Jürgen. “Annotation Between Formation and Information.”

Bauer, Matthias, and Angelika Zirker. “Explanatory Annotation of
Literary Texts and the Reader: Seven Types of Problems.”

Gius, Evelyn, and Janina Jacke. “The Hermeneutic Profit of Annotation:
On Preventing and Fostering Disagreement in Literary Analysis.”

Hadjakos, Aristotelis, Joachim Iffland, Reinhard Keil, Andreas
Oberhoff, Joachim Veit. “Challenges for Annotation Concepts in Music.”

Roorda, Dirk. “Practical Linguistic Annotation: The Hebrew Bible.”

-------------------------

 RECENT PUBLICATIONS

Deegan, Marilyn, /Academic Book of the Future Project Report.
/https://academicbookfuture.org/end-of-project-reports-2/

Jubb, Michael. /Academic Books and Their Futures./
https://academicbookfuture.org/end-of-project-reports-2/

In “A Digital Humanities Status Report: Where Are We Now?[4]” Katie
Ellis reflects on the possibilities and issues of tools and platforms
that seek to create a digital intellectual community.

-------------------------

  WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES

PROPOSALS ARE DUE October 25 for Digital Humanities in Nordic
Countries 2018 [5](University of Helsinki, Helsinki,
Finland, 7-9 March 2018).

REGISTER BY November 5 for Questioning Models: Intersectionality in
Digital Humanities[6] (University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany, 8 - 10
November 2017).

Register by NOVEMBER 6 for The 1st Symposium on Societal Challenges in
Computational Social Science[7] (London, 15-17 November 2017).

Proposals are due NOVEMBER 13 for the conference /Graphentechnologien
- //„Die Modellierung des Zweifels“/[8] (Mainz, Germany, 19-20 January
2018).

PROPOSALS ARE DUE November 15 for Our (Digital) Humanity:
Storytelling, Media Organizing and Social Justice 2018[9] (Lehigh
University, 20 - 22 April 2018).

PROPOSALS ARE DUE November 27 for the Alliance of DH Organizations
(ADHO)’s annual conference, Digital Humanities 2018[10] (Mexico
City, 26 - 29 June 2018).

SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE IN DECEMBER for a DH-focused special edition
of /Digital Library Perspectives/[11].

-------------------------

As part of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie DiXiT ITN (Digital Scholarly
Editions Innovative Training Network) collaboration, a survey[12] was
set up on Inclusive Design and Dissemination in Digital Scholarly
Editing. A presentation of the preliminary results of the survey was
given at the Digital Humanities conference in Montreal[13].

-------------------------

JOBS

Applications are due NOVEMBER 3 for the job of department manager[14]
at the university library in Göttingen, Germany.

Applications are due NOVEMBER 6 for the job of software designer[15]
at the Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria.

-------------------------

Links:
------