[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Post-Doc Position in HC-AI for Digital Libraries and Humanities, University of Zurich

Jürgen Bernard bernard at ifi.uzh.ch
Fri Jul 19 18:40:20 CEST 2024

PostDoc Position open!

The Interactive Visual Data Analysis (IVDA) Group at the University of
Zurich is seeking a talented Post-Doc (m/f/d) at the intersection of
Visual Analytics, interactive machine learning, and human-centered AI.
The position is aligned with our application-oriented focus towards
Digital Libraries and Digital Humanities.
Two of our ongoing projects are sketched below. More details on our website!
https://www.ifi.uzh.ch/en/ivda/open-positions/postDocHCIAI-DLDH.html

ORD-Xplore: This collaborative and interdisciplinary project especially
focuses Digital Editions, facing interoperability challenges due to
diversity and lack of standardization. ORD-Xplore, an interactive tool,
uses textual, temporal, and spatial connections to unify editions. Our
early prototype already indicates high usefulness for digital
librarians, researchers, and non-experts.

Tag-Xplore: This projects focuses on individual annotations/tags of
Digital Editions collections, in case of our targeted collection:
encoded in TEI-XML. Tag-Xplore enables edition curators to explore
annotation practices, identify commonalities, but also differences
across editions. Tag-Xplore offers a rich set of interactive visual
views, filtering, and comparison techniques.

--
Jürgen Bernard
Assistant Professor of Computer Science