[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Post-Doc Position in Human-Centered AI, University of Zurich

Jürgen Bernard bernard at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon May 27 17:38:01 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

The Interactive Visual Data Analysis (IVDA) Group at the University of
Zurich is seeking a talented Post-Doc (m/f/d) at the intersection of
visual analytics, interactive machine learning, and human-centered AI.

Together, we will develop novel approaches for the characterization,
design, and evaluation of interactive visual data analysis solutions
that combine the strengths of both humans and algorithms. This position
is particularly suitable for candidates with interests/experience in
interdisciplinary, collaborative, and applied work, e.g., in medicine,
digital and personal health, digital humanities, digital libraries, or
sustainability domains.

We are pursuing a human-centered approach to data science, machine
learning, and AI, to foster human involvement rather than replace it in
the data analysis process. In the context of digitalization, data-driven
research and decision-making, human-machine collaboration, and
human-centered AI, we will study human workflows, identify and preserve
steps with high human intellectuality, and establish practices of both
high human control and automation.

The official job announcement can be found at:
https://www.ifi.uzh.ch/en/ivda/open-positions/postDoc.html

For more information, please reach out me.
Best,
Jürgen Bernard

--
Jürgen Bernard