[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Job Opportunity: Research Assistant in Visual Computing (PhD Student or Post-Doc)

Oliver Staadt oliver.staadt at uni-rostock.de
Tue Sep 12 10:53:16 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues and potential applicants:

I am pleased to inform you that the Visual Computing Group at the University of Rostock is actively seeking a new team member at the PhD student or Post-Doc level.

Position: Research Assistant in Visual Computing (PhD Student or Post-Doc)

Duration: 3 years with an optional 3-year extension

Please find the details of the position and application process on our website:

https://jobs.uni-rostock.de/jobposting/1010917a623791b33464a673e169a48c552e20010?ref=homepage
We invite motivated individuals from diverse areas of Visual Computing, including Virtual and Augmented Reality, Rendering, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Large High-Resolution Displays, Telepresence, 3D User Interfaces, and Immersive Analytics. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in computer graphics, computer vision, or extended reality, and excellent programming skills. Additionally, you will actively contribute to teaching activities at the Chair in Visual Computing, primarily in the new MSc Program “Visual and Intelligent Systems.” Very good German and English language skills are requirement.

If you have any questions or require further information about this position, please do not hesitate to contact me at oliver.staadt at uni-rostock <mailto:oliver.staadt at uni-rostock>.

Further Information:

The Hanseatic City of Rostock provides an exceptional environment for study, research, and living. This dynamic economic and scientific hub in northeastern Germany offers all the advantages of a major city within the stunning backdrop of the region's natural beauty. The University of Rostock, founded in 1419, boasts a vibrant academic community with approximately 14,000 students and 3,000 employees, offering exciting prospects across a wide range of scientific disciplines. Our university fosters interdisciplinary research, spanning natural and technical sciences, medicine, life sciences, humanities, and cultural studies.

We look forward to welcoming dedicated individuals to our dynamic team.

Best regards,

Oliver Staadt

Prof. Dr. Oliver Staadt
Chair in Visual Computing
Institute of Visual and Analytic Computing
University of Rostock, Germany
vcg.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~ostaadt <http://vcg.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~ostaadt>