[Ieee_vis_open_positions] UBC assistant prof joint CS/Psych TT position

Tamara Munzner tmm at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 23 22:19:42 CET 2022

Dear Colleagues,

UBC has an open * faculty position (tenure-track assistant professor level)*
 that is joint between our Computer Science and Psychology departments.

A few key details:

   -

   *Applications close on December 22, 2022.*
   -

   Eligible research areas are broad, but expected to be “adjacent” to
   Cognitive Science/Systems.
   -

   This research position comes with a requirement to contribute undergrad
   teaching in UBC’s innovative Cognitive Systems program
   <https://cogsys.ubc.ca/>, with teaching load commensurate with the two
   appointing departments.
   -

   The appointment will be 50/50 in Computer Science and Psychology, with
   the “administrative home” being chosen by the successful candidate. There
   is no expectation to have published in both CS and Psychology venues.
   However, a successful candidate will be relatable to colleagues in both
   appointing departments, and we’re especially excited about applicants whose
   research trajectories will naturally tend towards collaborative bridging
   between these units.
   -

   The position is at UBC’s Vancouver campus, and is to be held in-person.

Full information can be found on the UBC Computer Science department website
<https://www.cs.ubc.ca/our-department/employment/computer-science-and-psychology-assistant-professor-tenure-track>
.
[
https://www.cs.ubc.ca/our-department/employment/computer-science-and-psychology-assistant-professor-tenure-track
]

Please do circulate this opportunity to anyone you know who you see as a
good fit, including your own mentees: a specialization in visualization is
certainly one possible fit for this position! Feel free to contact me with
any questions about the position or UBC Computer Science.

Cheers, Tamara
----
Tamara Munzner
Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~tmm, tmm at cs.ubc.ca