[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Visualization at UC Davis

Kwan-Liu Ma klma at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 19 20:44:34 CEST 2022

The Department of Computer Science at UC Davis has an open tenure-track
assistant professor position. We especially seek exceptional candidates
with established records of excellence in  Visualization. For more
information, please see: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05330

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Kwan-Liu

Kwan-Liu Ma
Distinguished Professor of Computer Science
University of California at Davis
http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~ma
ma at cs.ucdavis.edu
_____________________

Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer

Science: Data Science

Apply here: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05330

As part of UC Davis’ commitment to hire leading research faculty with an
outstanding commitment to teaching, research and service that will promote
the success of historically underrepresented and marginalized student
communities and address the needs of our increasingly diverse state and
student population, the College of Engineering announces one open
tenure-track position, at the Assistant Professor level, in the Department
of Computer Science. Applications are encouraged from candidates with a
strong background in Data Science. We especially seek exceptional
candidates with established records of excellence in Cybersecurity or
Visualization.

We seek candidates with potential or demonstrated excellence in research
that complements or extends existing research strengths in the Department
of Computer Science and elsewhere on campus, and the potential to attract
extramural funding. We also seek evidence of, or potential for, commitment
to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion for historically
underrepresented and marginalized student communities. Finally, we seek
evidence of a commitment to excellence in teaching at the graduate and
undergraduate levels.

For fullest consideration applications must be completed by December 15,
2022; there is some possibility that applications that arrive as late as
January 20, 2023 might be considered. Application packages should be
submitted online at https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05330.

UC Davis is one of the top public universities in the nation. Davis,
California, is a vibrant college town with excellent public schools and a
Mediterranean climate, and many nearby opportunities for industrial and
government collaboration, cultural activities and outdoor recreation. We
encourage applicants to explore the University’s, College's and
Department’s websites. We strongly recommend that all candidates visit the
UC Davis website dedicated to additional information about how application
materials, including the Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity,
and Inclusion, will be assessed carefully by the Search Committee in the
screening and review process.