[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Junior Researcher/PhD Positions in Computer Vision & Machine Learning in a Cultural Context

Aigner Wolfgang Wolfgang.Aigner at fhstp.ac.at
Mon Oct 17 20:38:47 CEST 2022

The Institute of Creative Media Technologies (ICMT) at the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences in Austria is looking for applicants for two pre-doc positions in the field of Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Visual Analytics with an interdisciplinary focus on research questions from the Digital Humanities: https://www.fhstp.ac.at/en/job-openings-career/junior-researcher-fuer-computer-vision-machine-learning-im-kulturellen-kontext-40-h-304988 (see also attached PDF)

You will work in an inspiring research environment with other PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers, and senior researchers. You will conduct research in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Visual Analytics together with researchers from the cultural humanities to solve challenging questions from the film studies (on animation film) and art history (on medieval manuscripts). Thereby you will contribute to the development of interactive human-centric machine learning methods, visual retrieval techniques, as well as multimedia corpus exploration, search and visualization interfaces. The positions are supported by nationally funded basic research projects with interdisciplinary and international consortia.

The position’s contract length is unlimited and optionally part-time. With your contribution you will support the further growth of our institute and the definition of new research directions. See here for an overview of our projects and research topics: https://icmt.fhstp.ac.at/en/projects?filter-hashtag=Artificial+Intelligence. We expect a strong research oriented background on machine/deep learning as well as expertise in either computer vision / visual retrieval or human-centered AI / visual analytics, excellent programming skills, team spirit and ideally first publication experience.

All genders are welcome to apply. We explicitly encourage people with disabilities to apply.

To apply for the position, submit the following documents here: https://www.fhstp.ac.at/en/job-openings-career/junior-researcher-fuer-computer-vision-machine-learning-im-kulturellen-kontext-40-h-304988/jobapplication_form:

  *   Cover letter (Correspondence), which includes a motivation of your interest in the vacancy and an explanation of why you would fit well for the position;
  *   A detailed CV;
  *   Optionally a course list of your Masters and Bachelor programs (including grades), evidence of your English language capabilities and names and contact addresses of references

For informal questions, you can contact Matthias Zeppelzauer (matthias.zeppelzauer at fhstp.ac.at).