[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Faculty positions at Georgia Tech

John Stasko john.stasko at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 4 15:46:15 CEST 2022

The School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech is seeking, among
other areas, new faculty specializing in Data Visualization or Visual
Analytics this upcoming year. The relevant line from our hiring
description states, "We seek applications in the broader areas of
Graphics; Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (including but
not limited to Theory, Computer Vision, and Natural Language
Processing); Social Computing; Social Justice, Ethics and Fairness; Data
Visualization; Sustainability; and Augmented and Virtual Reality."

Data visualization research here at GT is well-established. Our
Visualization Group currently includes four faculty members, and we
teach multiple vis-focused courses at both the undergraduate and
graduate levels.  More details about our group can be found at
https://vis.gatech.edu.

To learn more about the faculty openings and how to apply, please visit
the web page https://ic.gatech.edu/about/faculty-hiring. Applications
will be evaluated on a rolling basis starting October 1, 2022, and we
definitely encourage earlier applications. Additionally, please feel
free to speak with Alex Endert and/or John Stasko who will be attending
VIS '22 in Oklahoma City, in order to learn more about the openings.