[Ieee_vis_open_positions] PhD position: Visual Data Analysis in Meteorology

Daniel Baum baum at zib.de
Mon Jul 25 14:37:59 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

At the Visual Data Analysis group at Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB), we have an open PhD position for a DFG-funded project within the Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1114 with meteorologists and mathematicians from Freie Universität Berlin.

Goal of this project is the development of tools for the identification and visualization of spatiotemporal structures that occur during the formation of weather fronts, with a focus on cold fronts, to achieve a better understanding of these multi-scale phenomena. More details can be found at https://www.zib.de/node/5299 <https://www.zib.de/node/5299>.

I would be glad if you could share the job advertisement with potential candidates.

Thank you very much,
Daniel Baum

=============== New PhD position in Visual Data Analysis ==============

### for four years, E13 TV-L Berlin (75%)

### research topics include
  == image and shape analysis
  == feature/structure extraction and tracking
  == visualization & computer graphics

### as soon as possible after 21st August 2022, 2022

### application deadline is 21st August 2022, 2022

### full announcement: https://www.zib.de/node/5299 <https://www.zib.de/node/5299>.

### inquiries to Daniel Baum (baum at zib.de <mailto:baum at zib.de>)

---

Dr. Daniel Baum <baum at zib.de <mailto:baum at zib.de>>
Research Group Leader "Visual Data Analysis"
Zuse Institute Berlin, Takustraße 7, D-14195 Berlin-Dahlem, Germany
+49(30)84185-293, fax -107