[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Reminder: Senior Lecturer Position @JKU Linz - Institute of Computer Graphics

Günter Wallner guenter.wallner at jku.at
Sun Jun 12 07:33:04 CEST 2022

** Apologies for cross-posting **

The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler
University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a
daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 23,000 young people to
meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s
largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in
being a part of shaping the future at Austria’s most attractive campus
university? We currently have job opening starting August 1, '22, for a:

Senior Lecturer (must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree) for a 40-hour/week
position at the Institute of Computer Graphics to July 31, 2027
Job Reference Number: 4964

Job Duties:
• Independently teach university-level classes and supervise
examinations (especially tutorials and practical training courses) in
the field of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science both at
Bachelor and Master level to the extent of
16 hours per week
• Prepare and update teaching materials and examinations documents
• Co-supervise of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses
• Provide support to manage the institute’s general administration
activities in the field of teaching

Your Qualifications:
• The successful candidate must hold a Master’s and a Doctorate/Ph.D.
degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar field
• Must have teaching experience in areas such as computer graphics,
computer vision, software development, algorithms and data structures,
artificial intelligence (if possible with evaluation results)
• Experience with digital teaching and IT-supported teaching tools
(Moodle, PowerPoint, forums, etc.)
• Strong command of German and English (German level C1, English level B2)
• Special commitment, ability to work well independently and as part of
a team environment

What We Offer:
• On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum
salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 4,061.50 gross
per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
• Stable employer
• Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
• Attractive continual educational opportunities
• State-of-the-art research infrastructure
• Dynamic research environment
• Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food
at the cafeteria)
• Exercise and sports classes (USI)
• …and much more

Application Deadline: June 15, 2022.

The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of
academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes
applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a
woman will be given preference for this position. The university
welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical
disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.

How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are
requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the
stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online
portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz,
Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040
Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4964“ in your application.

Contact:
If you have questions, please contact: Univ.Prof. DI Dr. Marc Streit
Bakk, P +43 732 2468 6635, E-mail: marc.streit at jku.at.