[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Postdoctoral position at MPI of Biophysics (Frankfurt am Main) funded by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative

beturono at biophys.mpg.de beturono at biophys.mpg.de
Mon Sep 13 23:54:36 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

The Departments of Molecular Sociology (Beck and Turonova Labs) and
Theoretical Biophysics (Hummer Lab) study the structure and function of
macromolecular assemblies with a focus on in situ structural biology and
molecular modeling (for examples, see our latest work on in situ
structural analysis of Sars-CoV-2; DOI:
https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/science.abd5223). Funded by a
recent award from the Chan Zuckerberg Foundation, we seek to recruit a
postdoc (f/m/d) in image processing for a project in Visual Proteomics
that aims to detect macromolecular species in cryo electron tomograms.

Applicants should hold a PhD degree in computer science, image processing,
computer vision, visual computing, applied mathematics, physics, or
related field. The ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of
the following subject areas:
- image processing
- computer graphics
- pattern recognition
- computational geometry
- computer vision
- strong programming skills in OOP (C++, Python)

Applications should contain a cover letter explaining your interest in and
fit to the position, a CV including contact information for at least two
references and a list of your publications. Please send applications to
Beata.Turonova at biophys.mpg.de by September 30, 2021.

For more detail, please refer to these websites:
https://www.biophys.mpg.de/molecular-sociology/image_processing
https://chanzuckerberg.com/science/programs-resources/imaging/frontiers/establishing-experimental-model-systems-for-visual-proteomics/

Please forward this announcement to potentially interested candidates.

Thanks and best wishes,

Beata Turonova