[Ieee_vis_open_positions] InfoVis Designer Open Position
sheelagh at sfu.ca
Tue Jul 20 23:55:40 CEST 2021
InfoVis Designer Open Position
Are you interested in building products that challenge conventions and improve people’s access and understanding of data that affects them? Do you like working on a diverse team and using your unique skills to help solve new design and technical challenges? If the answer is yes, then this is an opportunity for you!
The Interaction Experience Lab (ixlab) at Simon Fraser University is looking to hire a person who can work as an integral part of a Data Vis design team. We have both Design and Technical people on the team who are developing visualization prototypes and products. You will work with Scientists and Data-Managers of Arctic data to develop new empowering interfaces through iterative participatory design. This position is within the Canadian Consortium for Arctic Data Interoperability (CCADI).
ixlab – https://ixlab.cs.sfu.ca/ , https://www.sfu.ca/~sheelagh/
CCADI – https://ccadi.ca/
Position: Designer - Data and Information Visualization
Hours per week: 40
Start Time: Starting as early as Sept. 1, 2021
Position Length: Ending Dec. 31, 2021 with extensions possible.
Location: Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. Work is Hybrid: including on and off campus. Fully remote is possible.
* Complete or partial graduate degree in areas related to Data Visualization, Information Design, Human Computer Interaction, or Human Centered Design from an appropriately accredited institution is preferred.
* OR Bachelors’ Degree in one of the aforementioned areas and at least two years of experience in UX/UI design, graphic design, design activities or other relevant areas.
* OR a combination of education and experience that would meet the needs of this role.
The ideal applicant will have experience with:
* Generating and exporting vector graphics with Adobe Illustrator
* Designing for data and information graphics
* Designing for interactive web-based interfaces
* Facilitating design elicitation activities
* Working collaboratively with software developers, stakeholders, and data experts
* Working with data in excel or other software
* Design communication tools for remote collaboration
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Please submit the following to ccadi.viz at gmail.com<mailto:ccadi.viz at gmail.com>, sarah_storteboom at sfu.ca<mailto:sarah_storteboom at sfu.ca>, and sheelagh at sfu.ca<mailto:sheelagh at sfu.ca>
* Position title you intend to apply for
* Cover Letter
* Curriculum Vitae
* Names of two References
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Reviewing will continue until the position is filled. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have about the role on the aforementioned emails.
Dr. Sheelagh Carpendale
Professor, and Canada Research Chair: Information Visualization
School of Computing Science
School for Interactive Arts and Technologies
Simon Fraser University
At Simon Fraser University, we live and work on the unceded traditional territories of
the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and
Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions