[Ieee_vis_open_positions] UBC open faculty search

Tamara Munzner tmm at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Dec 10 20:41:23 CET 2020

UBC Computer Science is hiring this season.

There is a single open position at the assistant professor level, so
visualization is definitely within scope for that one!  Informally, I've
heard many people express interest in hiring in visualization. Please do
encourage your colleagues in other areas to apply as well.  Application
processing begins Dec 20 2020.
https://www.cs.ubc.ca/our-department/employment/tenure-track-assistant-professor-department-computer-science-ubc-research

We are also hiring for two teaching-stream positions, one with an emphasis
on data science that may also be of particular interest to
visualization-trained folks. Note that UBC has a tenure-track teaching
stream with full opportunities for promotion and tenure, equivalent to
research stream. Application processing begins Dec 20 2020.
https://www.cs.ubc.ca/our-department/employment/tenure-stream-educational-leadership-faculty-positions-assistant

Finally, there is a very specific position at the assistant or associate
professor level for a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair. It is targeted at the
health-related area of computer science and targeted at specific
under-represented demographic groups  including women and visible
minorities.  Application processing begins Dec 23 2020.
https://www.cs.ubc.ca/our-department/employment/tenure-track-faculty-position-crc-tier-2-assistant-professor-or-associate

Feel free to contact me with questions about any of these positions.

Cheers, Tamara
----
Tamara Munzner
Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~tmm, tmm at cs.ubc.ca