[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Post doc position on visualizing network topology, space, time, and attributes at Northeastern University, Boston, MA
c.dunne at northeastern.edu
Wed Oct 28 18:36:44 CET 2020
Prof. Cody Dunne is currently seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join his lab, in particular focused on researching visualizations at the intersection of graph/network topology, space, time, and attributes.
The researcher would join an ongoing multi-stage design study project focused on cybersecurity and autonomous aircraft. Our initial work in this space — DataComets, published at EuroVis 2020 — has fueled a multi-year collaboration between Northeastern, the Office of Naval Research, U.S. Naval Academy, and the NSA. We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to spearhead part of this project.
* Start date: ASAP
* Duration: 1–3 years
* Location: Boston, MA (or remotely within the U.S. for now)
* Compensation: ~$70,500/year + benefits
* Assist in initiating, executing, and completing visualization research and experiments.
* Prepare research papers, presentations, and grant proposals.
* Train graduate students.
* U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
* PhD or equivalent in Information Visualization, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Computer Science, or other field directly related to visualization.
* Strong publication history within the academic community related to visualization.
* Programming and data analysis proficiency, ideally including D3/JS/HTML/CSS and Python/Jupyter Lab.
* Excellent communication skills for conveying technical material in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Please email Prof. Cody Dunne at c.dunne at northeastern.edu and include your CV and any additional materials that would help us evaluate your skills, such as your homepage, design portfolio, online demos or videos, GitHub profile. We are currently reviewing applications.
* Online version of this job ad: https://visualization.khoury.northeastern.edu/research-opportunities/
* Flyer for the job ad: https://visualization.khoury.northeastern.edu/files/2020/10/Dunne_postdoc_flyer.pdf
College of Computer Sciences
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions