[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Multiple Open-Discipline Faculty Positions in Engineering and Applied Science at CU Boulder

dasz0279 at colorado.edu dasz0279 at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 16 17:24:10 CEST 2020

We’re hiring across engineering broadly this year! Please reach out if you have any questions.

— Danielle Szafir

***

Multiple Open-Discipline Faculty Positions in Engineering and Applied Science
https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Multiple-Open-Discipline-Faculty-Positions-in-Engineering-and-Applied-Science/26989

As part of our commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive academic culture in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado Boulder, we are launching a new college-wide search for multiple tenured/tenure track faculty positions rostered among any/all of the six departments and six interdisciplinary programs in the college. We anticipate hiring at the assistant and associate professor levels, although qualified candidates will be considered at the full professor rank.

This search is motivated by the four core values of the college’s strategic vision: accelerate our research impact to produce advances in technology and benefits to society, embrace our public education mission including expanding access and participation of diverse and underrepresented communities in engineering and computer science, increase our global engagement, and enrich our professional environment.

We seek faculty whose teaching, research, and service will: produce engineering solutions for complex state, national, and global challenges; grow our national leadership in engineering education and research; and improve the economic competitiveness, security, and quality of life for all. We assert that a diverse faculty who have equal opportunities to pursue and be recognized for contributions in research, teaching, and service is necessary for achieving our campus diversity plan. Success in this goal will also require faculty who actively work to create an inclusive culture within the college.

This search is aimed at prospective faculty whose experience and future plans for teaching, research, and service are aligned with creating a more inclusive academic culture of excellence in engineering and computer science.

To apply, please submit the following materials:

1. Resume/CV.
2. A 1-page cover letter describing your interest in the position and summarizing your personal academic goals.
3. Statement of your vision, experience, and future plans to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive academic culture (2-4 pages).
4. Statement of your experience and plans for teaching and student mentoring (2-4 pages).
5. Statement of your experience and plans for research and/or creative work that contribute to the body of knowledge in your field and broader benefits to education and society (2-4 pages).
6. Names and contact information for three or more references used for phone reference checks.
    • During the application process you will also need to enter contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.

Applications received by November 15, 2020 will receive full consideration.

The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.