[Ieee_vis_open_positions] PhD Position Perceptual Visualization at Konstanz University

Oliver Deussen oliver.deussen at uni-konstanz.de
Sun Sep 6 12:29:42 CEST 2020

Doctoral Position in Computer and Information Science (full-time, E 13 TV-L)

Reference number 2020/143. The position is available for two years and can be prolonged after this initial phase. The start

date will be October 15th, 2020 or by agreement. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions. The position is in the field of Information Visualization

The Department of Computer and Information Science is closely connected to our excellence cluster “Collective Behaviour” and the SFB/Transregio 161 "Quantitative Methods for Visual Computing". Within this framework we are looking to fill a position in our project “Perceptual Methods for Information Visualization”. The project is in collaboration with Qingdao Uni- versity (China, Prof. Yunhai Wang), applicants will travel to our partner university from time to time (good English skills are enough for these visits).

Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Oliver Deussen, oliver.deussen at uni-konstanz.de. Please send your application including your cover letter, CV and official transcripts of education certificates as one PDF file at the latest on 30 September 2020 to via our Online Application Portal. Information on the research group: http://graphics.uni- konstanz.de.

The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni- konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).