[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Job posting: Assistant Director of Visual Communication (Rice University)
jsw at rice.edu
Fri Jul 17 18:52:14 CEST 2020
The Center for Academic and Professional Communication at Rice
University (Houston, TX) is hiring a specialist in visual
communication. The description and link to apply are below. All
inquiries should be directed to Kyung-Hee Bae, the director of the CAPC,
at kbae at rice.edu.
*Assistant Director in Visual Communication *of the Center for Academic
and Professional Communication at Rice University (Application deadline:
July 27, 2020)
The Center for Academic and Professional Communication (CAPC) at Rice
University invites applications for the position of the Assistant
Director in Visual Communication of the CAPC. The Center for Academic
and Professional Communication (CAPC) is a multimodal communication
center that provides resources and support tailored for students and
faculty across the campus.
Link to read the full job description and to apply online:
The responsibilities of the assistant director of visual communication
in the CAPC include developing workshops and other resources for faculty
and students, consulting with faculty and students (especially those
in STEM fields) on visual projects, organizing a biennial symposium on
visual and multimodal communication, helping the CAPC and the Program in
Writing and Communication with in-house visual projects, and helping to
assess the CAPC’s visual communication efforts. The assistant director
also may teach one credit-bearing course on visual and multimodal
communication per year.
The application deadline is *July 27, 2020*.
Education required: Master’s degree
Education preferred: PhD degree
Related experience in the following areas:
* Employment or attendance at a Tier 1 research university
* Experience working with STEM researchers
* Experience developing programs in visual and multimodal communication
* Experience creating training/teaching materials for different
* Experience visualizing research and designing figures
* Experience with event planning
* Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator,
* Excellent written and communications skills and the ability to
communicate clearly and concisely with diverse audiences
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
with program staff, faculty and course teams and external contractors
* Ability to work on multiple projects
* Ideally, the candidate will have a working knowledge of Python or R.
Jennifer Shade Wilson, Ph.D.
Director, Program in Writing and Communication
200D Fondren Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions