[Ieee_vis_open_positions] 8 new positions at the Research Platform Data Science at the University of Vienna

Sophia Abplanalp sophia.abplanalp at univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 29 12:46:49 CEST 2020

Dear IEEE Vis Team,

The Research Platform Data Science at the University of Vienna is
currently advertising 8 new positions. We would be delighted if you
could help us distribute the job offers via your mailing list.

The job offers are to be found on _our website_:

https://datascience.univie.ac.at/news-events/detail-news/news/job-offers-1/?tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&cHash=fa02728199e7cfcd9364db6c1b93dff1

The _advertising text_ would be the following:

The research platform Data Science @ Uni Vienna is currently advertising
8 new positions. Apply now!

The research platform Data Science @ Uni Vienna has a number of open
positions. Please apply or distribute to persons of interest:

*1 PostDoc position *(40h) for research coordination
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yakvobo8

Deadline: 31.07.2020

*1 PostDoc position* in the area of visual data analysis (starting asap)
Link: https://tinyurl.com/y9jjap2c

Deadline: 31.07.2020
<https://tinyurl.com/y9jjap2c>

*3 fully-funded PhD positions* in the area of transparent and
explainable models (with a focus on deep neural networks as well as
clustering)

Starting 01.10.2020

Deadline: 31.07.2020

* with a focus on M/athematical //S//olutions: /
Link: https://tinyurl.com/y7yt44sn

* with a focus on///D//ata //M//ining //S//olutions: /
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yafeydnk

* with a focus on V/isual //A//nalysis //S//olutions: /
Link: https://tinyurl.com/ybwc5hg3

*1 platform coordinator* for the platform (admin position 25h per week)
Link: https://tinyurl.com/y73ggpo5

Deadline: 31.07.2020

We also want to bring to your attention *2 Tenure Track position*s at
the Faculty for Computer Sciences both in cooperation with the research
platform at the University of Vienna:

* for the field of /Stochastic Methods for Data Science/

Link: https://tinyurl.com/y77a22lf

 Deadline: 23.09.2020

* for the field of /Management of Massive Data/

Link: tinyurl.com/ybsf2hym <https://tinyurl.com/ybsf2hym>

 Deadline: 23.09.2020

The research platform Data Science @ Uni Vienna has been in existance
since 2018 and is growing rapidly. With 24 faculty members across 7
faculties, we are a very interdisciplinary group. We organize lecture
series, summer schools, scientific meetings, retreats, and coordinate
the three new master programs in Business Analytics, Data Science, and
Digital Humanities at the University of Vienna.

While the University of Vienna is the oldest German speaking university
around, our research and communication happens in English. Vienna is a
very multi-cultural and international city as well as very welcoming to
international researchers and visitors. In addition, Vienna is one of
the top rated cities to live in and a cultural hot spot of Europe.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Sophia Abplanalp

--