[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Computer Graphics and Visualization positions at Texas A&M University

Ergun Akleman ergun at tamu.edu
Fri Jan 10 23:04:38 CET 2020

Texas A&M University has two Computer Graphics and Visualization
positions available. We are hoping that you can share the attached
position announcements with your network.

1)  One Tenure Track position in the Department of Visualization
See: https://faculty.tamu.edu/JobDetail?JobId=71821

2)  One joint Tenured position in the Departments of Visualization &
Computer Science and Engineering
See: https://faculty.tamu.edu/JobDetail?JobId=71823

Questions can be addressed to ergun.akleman at tamu.edu

The Department of Visualization supports a vigorous interdisciplinary
blend of the visual arts and the related visual and imaging sciences
and technology. Academic programs include the B.S., M.S., and MFA in
Visualization, with over 400 students.  More information about
Visualization Department is available at https://viz.arch.tamu.edu/ .

Computer Science and Engineering at Texas A&M is a strong and vibrant
research program  Our student population is comprised of over 1,200
undergraduate students (sophomore to senior level) and nearly 400
graduate students.  More information about CSE is available at
http://www.cse.tamu.edu.  Texas A&M Computer Graphics program is
listed 15 in the world based on Computer Science Rankings:
http://csrankings.org/#/index?graph&world

Located in the heart of the Houston-Dallas-Austin triangle, within a
two-hour drive of 26 million of the state’s 28 million residents,
Texas A&M's main campus in College Station is home to more than 62,500
students. Another 5,700 are at the branch campuses in Galveston and
Qatar and other locations across Texas.

Thank you in advance for sharing our announcement with potential
candidates. Please let us know of individuals who we should contact
directly to encourage the submission of an application. Should you
have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Ergun Akleman
Professor and  Chair of the Faculty Search Advisory Committee
Department of Visualization
Texas A&M University
ergun.akleman at tamu.edu