[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Faculty Positions at Tulane University

Summa, Brian bsumma at tulane.edu
Thu Oct 17 16:28:48 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

We are looking to fill several open rank tenured/tenure-track positions this year.  I’ll be at VIS all week if you’d like to talk about the positions.

Cheers,
Brian

Tulane University
Department of Computer Science
Faculty Positions in Computer Science Starting Fall 2020 New Orleans, LA
Tulane Computer Science is Hiring!
The Tulane Computer Science Department anticipates several tenured or tenure-track hires beginning in Fall 2020. Applications are encouraged from leading researchers who are attracted by the opportunity to join a unique program whose focus is equally on computer science and on its applications to research in related areas. Our current faculty are engaged in collaborative research projects with colleagues in the School of Science and Engineering, as well as with colleagues in the School of Liberal Arts, and with colleagues in the Health Sciences. The department currently has 7 tenured /tenure-stream faculty and two Professors of Practice; we anticipate attaining a critical mass of 12 faculty within the next year, and a stable state of 15 faculty within the following 2 – 3 years.
We are pleased to announce the following openings:
Tenured/Tenure-Track Open Rank Position
The Tulane Computer Science Department invites applications for open rank positions at the tenured or tenure-track level to begin in Fall 2020. We welcome applications from candidates working in artificial intelligence and machine learning and their application to data science. We also welcome applicants working in networking, optimization and cloud computing, and in visualization, HCI, and large data. Candidates at the senior assistant professor level or who are tenured should have an outstanding research record that emphasizes the application of computer science to related areas, have excellent teaching credentials and have a strong record of attracting research funding on a continued basis. Junior faculty who have postdoctoral experience establishing their research program also are encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin January 1, 2020, and will continue until the positions are filled.
The Yahoo! Founder Chair
The Tulane Computer Science Department invites applications for the Yahoo! Founder Chair in Computer Science. This pivotal appointment will provide a defining focus for our research activities and our collaborations with colleagues in related disciplines. The successful candidate will provide leadership by enhancing existing research collaborations and establishing new ones both within the computer science department, within the School of Science and Engineering, and across the other Tulane schools and colleges. We encourage applications from senior colleagues whose research is related to data science. The successful candidate will have excellent research credentials nationally and internationally, a record of substantial research funding, experience leading multidisciplinary research projects, and a record of excellent teaching at the undergraduate and PhD levels. Review of applications will begin January 1, 2020, and continue until the position is filled. Potential candidates for this position are encouraged to contact Professor Michael Mislove, chair of the computer science department, at mislove at tulane.edu<mailto:mislove at tulane.edu> about their candidacy.
These positions have the potential for a joint appointment with the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition – see http://www.ihmc.us<http://www.ihmc.us/>.