[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Visual Analytics and Big Data Analytics PostDoc positions at Purdue University starting May or June 2018

David S. Ebert ebertd at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue May 1 00:14:43 CEST 2018

Visual Analytics Postdoc Position

Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN

We invite applications for  1 to 2  postdoctoral researcher positions in
visual analytics, visualization, social media, and big data analytics across
a wide spectrum of application areas. The successful candidate will perform
research in visual analytics projects, big data analytics projects, lead
research activities within the group, and interface with renowned academic
research groups in visual analytics around the world. We have projects in
social media visual analytics, public safety visual analytics, environmental
sustainability and visual analytics, spatiotemporal visual analytics. We are
the lead of the VACCINE Center, an Emeritus Visualization Sciences Center of
Excellence funded by many U.S. agencies including DHS, NSF, DOE and other
government agencies. We have partner institutions across the world. We have
many interesting projects working on real data and great challenging
projects.  VACCINE is working closely with collaborators including social
media experts, sustainability experts, agricultural producers, health and
public safety departments, US Coast Guard, economists, first responders,
computational scientists, soundscape ecologists, businesses, and researchers
in science, engineering, and economics.

The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. with strong research background in one of
the following: visual analytics, geospatial and temporal analysis,
statistics, visualization, cognitive science, human computer interaction,
big data, human factors, industrial engineering, computer graphics or a
closely related field. Both beginning and senior postdoctoral candidates are
encouraged to apply.  Excellent oral and written communication skills are
mandatory.

Starting date is from May 2018.

Applications including a CV and a short research statement should be sent to
David Ebert (ebertd at purdue.edu ).

Sincerely,

David

-----

Dr. David S. Ebert,  Silicon Valley Professor of ECE, Purdue University

Director, Purdue Visualization and Analytics Center

Director, Visual Analytics for Command, Control, and Interoperability
Environments

    <http://www.visualanalytics-cci.org/> http://www.VisualAnalytics-CCI.org

 <mailto:ebertd at purdue.edu> ebertd at purdue.edu
<http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~ebertd> http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~ebertd