[Ieee_vis_open_positions] PostDoc on a Visualization Project

Seif El-Nasr, Magy m.seifel-nasr at northeastern.edu
Tue Mar 6 04:19:44 CET 2018

Hi all,

We are looking for an experienced visualization researcher who can join our team at Northeastern University. We are a research group working on games, data mining and visualization. We currently have several projects in the lab. We would like to hire a Post-Doctoral Fellow to collaborate with us on the development of a visualization system, which we have been developing for the past few years, to track and understand strategies and problem-solving tactics people use when they play games. We expect the Post-Doctoral Fellow to develop research on data abstraction and transformation techniques to help us make sense of sequence data. We also expect the candidate to maintain the system and build features on top of it in an extensible manner.

Qualification and Expertise:
- a PhD in Computer Science or HCI
- experience developing visualization systems (2-3 years of experience would be good)
- experience in software development and data management. Among the languages we use and we will need the candidate to be proficient in are: JavaScript and Python. Web packages and other software the candidate should be familiar with: Node.js and D3.
- Good communication skills
- Worked previously within teams and interdisciplinary projects
- Data mining or machine learning expertise would be good.

If interested please send me your CV or Resume. Sample work that we can view would be great as well.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.

Thank you,

--
Magy Seif El-Nasr
Associate Professor