[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Research Internship at Siemens Healthineers, NJ, USA
daphne.yu at siemens.com
Mon Jan 16 22:36:48 CET 2017
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers' needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthcare Technology Center, is one of the world's premier research labs for computer vision and medical image visualization. The Technology Center is currently looking for talented, energetic and self-motivated graduate students in image visualization field to join our team.
The position can be ideal for graduate students in a PhD or Masters research program looking for exposure and hands-on experience to real-life application of computer graphics, rendering, animation, appearance modeling, virtual reality, and mobile/web based graphics techniques.
* Work closely with scientist and engineer team members in designing graphics and rendering applications to address real world data and problems.
* Analyze existing software and document its program flow and functionalities.
* Perform unit tests, address issues found.
* Optimize and benchmark performances, document results, interfaces in technical reports.
Required knowledge/skills, education and experience:
* College students in Masters or PhD program studying in visualization related fields such as computer graphics, advanced rendering of 3D/4D images/geometry/vectors/tensors, information visualization, high performance visualization architecture, augmented/virtual reality.
* Availability: 40 hours/week on-site for 3+ months, or part-time for a longer duration
* Knowledge or experience with object oriented technologies.
* Fluent in software programming with WebGL/OpenGL shading language/Direct X, C++.
* Core computer graphics foundations in rendering such as camera controls, ray tracing, lighting principals.
* Ability to learn new software tools.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English
* Ability to develop new research ideas to the level of a working system
* Motivated to accept challenges and responsibilities.
* Driven , flexible and adaptable in order to thrive in a dynamic team.
* Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions