[Ieee_vis_open_positions] PhD position Visual Analytics Eindhoven University of Technology

Wijk, J.J. van J.J.v.Wijk at TUE.nl
Wed Aug 10 15:56:19 CEST 2016

The Visualization Group at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has an open position for a

    4-year PhD student Visual Analytics for Finance and Insurance

The position is in the NWO RATE Analytics project, a joint research project between TU Eindhoven, Tilburg University, Rabobank and Achmea. The overall goal of this project is to develop foundations and techniques for next generation big data analytics, facilitating the development of a wide range of applications in banking and insurance, including, but not limited to, intrusion detection, transactions and insurance fraud detection, loan default prediction, prediction of extreme (health-insurance) claims, and data-driven product development.

We are looking for candidates with a strong background and interest in Visual Analytics and/or information visualization, who are challenged by real-world problems and data. The team will closely collaborate and spend significant time within the Data Science teams of Rabobank and Achmea. We offer a full time appointment for 4 years, with a competitive salary.

For more information, contact prof.dr. Jarke van Wijk, or see vacancy V32.2670 at the TU/e website (http://goo.gl/r8gI00)