[Ieee_vis_open_positions] AVP Data Visualization Lead at MassMutual

Sweet, Lisa lsweet at massmutual.com
Fri Jun 10 21:00:42 CEST 2016

POSITION DESCRIPTION

TITLE:                                   ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, DATA VISUALIZATION LEAD
LOCATION:                         MASSMUTUAL
                                                BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTTS
                                                OR AMHERST, MASSACHUSETTS

COMPANY                           MASSMUTUAL FINANCIAL GROUP
BACKGROUND:

Founded in 1851, MassMutual is committed to its purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals.

MassMutual, ranked No. 94 on the 2015 FORTUNE 500 list, continues to achieve strong financial results with $642 billion in assets under management as of Dec. 31, 2015. These results are a testament to the solid performance of MassMutual US, as well as its global asset management firm and subsidiaries, including Baring Asset Management Ltd., OppenheimerFunds, Inc., and MassMutual International LLC. And we continue to be recognized for our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive workplace!  MassMutual is one of DiversityInc's 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity and ranked a 2016 Top 10 Company for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives. In 2015, after more than 15 years of earning a place on the Working Mother Top 100 Best Companies list, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame.  MassMutual also scored 100 percent on The Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to earn a spot on the CEI Best Places to Work List (2015).  In addition, MassMutual has been recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute and 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly.

For more information, visit www.massmutual.com<http://www.massmutual.com> or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest.

MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives.

 POSITION SUMMARY

We are seeking an exceptional data visualization lead to craft complex and inspiring visualizations that help our data scientists deliver information back to the enterprise with impact and influence. Additionally, this team member will own our existing visualization infrastructure and frameworks and help to build out an automated dash boarding pipeline. These visualizations will tell stories about fraud, risk, consumer preferences, and investment performance, among many others. We use web-based, open source tools and systems and encourage members of our team to contribute back to the community. This is a broad, new role that will fundamentally change the way MassMutual consumes, interprets, and acts on visual information.

This is an opportunity to join a team of talented individuals, with diverse backgrounds in applied math, computer science and physics, focused on using novel big data technology and data science to answer fundamental questions that directly impact the direction of the company and industry at large.

REPORTS TO:   Vice President, Data Analytics
SKILLS:

  *   Statistical data analysis
  *   User experience and visualization techniques and methods for communicating quantitative information
  *   Graphic and interaction design patterns
  *   Web programming and knowledge of MVC design pattern
  *   Outstanding written and verbal communications
  *   Ability to work and thrive in a highly ambiguous, unstructured, fast moving, collaborative environment

TOOLS:

  *   Python, R
  *   Web application frameworks (Flask, Django, Play!, Shiny, etc.)
  *   HTML/CSS/Javascript
  *   Visualization frameworks, d3.js
  *   Unix/Linux and shell scripting
  *   Relational databases and SQL

EXPERIENCE:

  *   4+ years designing data visualizations and analyzing data
  *   1+ year leading and mentoring junior team members
  *   4+ years of experience disseminating results in multiple forms: written papers, verbal presentations, software tools
  *   Track record and portfolio of successful work

EDUCATION:

M.S. or Ph.D. in quantitative or visual/design discipline preferred.
COMPENSATION:

We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).

CONTACT:
Lisa Sweet
AVP, Executive Recruiting
Lsweet at massmutual.com<mailto:Lsweet at massmutual.com>
413 744-8654

Lisa Sweet
AVP, Executive Recruiting
Human Resources
1295 State Street
Springfield, MA 01111
Phone (413) 744-8654

[cid:image001.png at 01D1C327.C3438CE0]<http://www.massmutual.com/>

Visit us on:
[cid:image002.png at 01D1C327.C3438CE0]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/massmutual-financial-group>[cid:image003.png at 01D1C327.C3438CE0]<http://twitter.com/#!/massmutual>[cid:image004.png at 01D1C327.C3438CE0]<https://www.facebook.com/massmutual>[cid:image005.png at 01D1C327.C3438CE0]<http://www.youtube.com/user/MassMutual/featured>

[cid:image006.png at 01D1C327.C3438CE0]

MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
(MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.